The holidays are just around the corner, and TTCU is here to help you prepare! To help you make the most of this holiday season, we’re sharing some tips and tricks to help you have a stress-free holiday season.
The holidays are meant for spending stress-free quality time with friends and family. But for many, the holidays can be the busiest and most expensive months of the year.
Holiday shopping, gift-giving, and holidays parties can put a dent in your bank account. And, if you're carrying a loan balance, that can add even more financial stress. That's why we are excited to offer Holiday Skip-A-Pay* to help you free up some extra cash and enjoy the holiday season worry-free! With Holiday Skip-A-Pay you can apply to skip your loan payment(s) by paying a small fee of $25 per loan skipped. Apply online in minutes at texastechfcu.org/skip-a-pay.
Holiday Skip-A-Pay is only available November 1st through January 31st.
If you're not careful, holiday spending can quickly spiral out of control. Budgeting for the holidays is vital and it doesn't have to be a headache.
To help you stay on top of budgeting this season, check out these holiday budgeting tips:
1. Make a list of who you need to buy for and set a spending limit for each person.
2. Start shopping early to take advantage of sales and avoid last-minute rush and stress.
3. Get creative with your gift-giving. Consider making homemade gifts or giving experiences instead of material items.
4. Stick to your budget! Track your spending and make adjustments as needed to help you stay on track.
With a little planning and preparation, you can stay within your holiday budget and enjoy a stress-free season!
The busiest time of the year for holiday shopping can also mean the busiest time of the year for scamming. Every year, scammers ramp up their efforts to take advantage of unsuspecting holiday shoppers. Therefore, it is important to be extra vigilant.
Protect your wallet this season with these tips:
1. Be wary of unsolicited calls, emails, or text messages. If you don't know the sender, don't open any attachments or links.
2. Don't respond to requests for personal or financial information, even if the request appears to be from a trusted source.
3. Be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
4. When shopping online, only use secure websites and watch out for fake websites that mimic legitimate ones.
Being aware of these scams and knowing what to look out for can help you have a happy and safe holiday season. For more ways to protect yourself from scammers, see our latest blog post, "Protect Yourself from Scams."
With the holidays approaching, many of us are beginning to make plans to travel and visit family and friends. It is important to remember to notify TTCU of any upcoming travel.
By submitting a travel alert, we can ensure your account and cards remain active during your trip. Before you pack your bags and head out on holiday travels, submit a travel alert to TTCU by using our new Let's Talk feature available in the bottom right corner of every page!
We hope these tips and tricks help you have a stress-free holiday season. If you need any additional help preparing for the holidays, visit one of our branches or give us a call today at (806) 742-3606.
*$25 fee per skipped payment. Does not apply to real estate loans, mortgage loans, lines of credit, or credit card payments. The member applying for a promotion must have all accounts in good standing. Must have made at least one payment on the loan. Only one monthly payment (November 2022, December 2022, or January 2023) can be skipped during the promotion.